Wednesday, July 01, 2009

hajj and then some

The other night my children and I sat gathered around my computer as we watched an "old hajj" cd of ours that was produced in Dec 2007.

It was suppose to be a 20 episode of the series of our Hajj experience, but we were just sent a 40 min clip preview of it. My sons wanted to see themselves as they were eager to catch a glimpse of themselves yet I told them the CD is very basic.

So we watched it, with some of the scenes being quite disturbing to them that they had to block it from straining their eyes.

And then, they sat around reading other articles and such online with me. This is around 11pm at night when they should be in bed, but rather they were gathering around me talking to me, and asking me all sorts of questions.

And it was their summer vacation as is their summer vacation so I let them ask the questions, and I let them go on and read these articles and post in their responses, I told them whatever you feel and as long as it's appropriate then please comment and post it as it is. Which they did.

I do supervise when they do research and read articles on line, as much as still letting them read as much as they need to know and learn and grow.

So, that's my 2 cents.

I share add my 5 cents of worthy cause of information of my mid-term online exam is this week, 1 presentation in a couple of days, 2 reports due next week, 1 other presentation next week, 2 final exams the week later.
PLUS work, I got a job! Alhamdulillah. Awesome, awesome!

Ok. Still need to find a 2nd job though, one job isn't enough to feed, clothe, and take care of 3 little ones as well as myself.

which is why I propose to holding a garage / auction sale soon. Old records, record player, books, toys, toys that my kids no longer seem interested in anymore these days, and toys that were passed down to us from cousins and such that the kids have no interest in playing and it just sits there in the box, collecting dust, taking up room and space in which a child, someone that would appreciate it, love it, might enjoy playing with it which is why I want to get rid of the clutter.

PLUS my kids are fascinated with these plastic cups that they are building towers out of them building them up high and blowing it down with their stinky breath, ha ha, and kung foo'ing it down, and accidently being pushed into it, and sitting on it, and letting the natural wind outside blow it down, and mowing their jump ropes into it and such.

Yes, and their Wii's and ds's and such. But, they have a whole round of books to keep them occupied and busy.

The books I'm getting rid of our mine, and some old recipe books that are more useful find on line.

so I better get back at cracking at the books, the notes, the reports, the presentations of final touches, dealing with :D :D and work...joy of work....and joy of it.

but no joy in immaturity, no joy in harassing ones that seem more obsessive and possessive in holding onto things not belonging to them, and thinking it will somehow threaten a person's well being.
well hasn't and what hasn't has made me STRONGER to say, sorry but doesnt work.
try again.

don't let the door hit you on your way out.

take care

No comments: